Saturday, October 17, 2009

Contributing to the Network

This week there is a thread in the Moodle forum for CCK09 asking where all the people have gone. Reading this made me re-evaluate my participation in the course.
I have found this course to be a bit more intimidating to participate in since it is so large and a number of people actively contributing seem to know so much about the subject already. But that shouldn't stop me! That is precisely what I should want right? I want a network with different views and discussions. That is the only way I will learn... if I connect with different nodes of the network.
So, I have come up with a plan that will hopefully get me participating more actively.
  1. Every day I must post at least one thing to either the Moodle forum or on someones blog
  2. Each week I must post at least one blog entry
  3. I should check the Twitter feeds on #CCK09 more often
  4. I should post things I find regarding CCK09 on Twitter
I forget that building a network and maintaining a network is time consuming. I get so involved in the weekly readings and catching up on the Daily that I forget what their purpose is... to start dialogue.
Any other ideas are appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya, your approach sounds really balanced ! I have been a bit OTT in my participation in this course - some of it I think because I also feel it is intimidating and I am trying to tell myself that the more I get involved in whatever way I can, the less intimidated I will feel - and that has happened to some extent - but I share your concerns - it does feel like my brain may melt at some point.

    Particularly when you read something interesting - I want to spend more time thinking about it, but everything just continues along and I keep trying to keep hold of wanting to remember but - I am finding I have to try and let go - its impossible.

    There is also a cck09 group on Diigo and also bookmarking anything interesting you find on delicious - if you add a cck09 it will get picked up.I am NicolaAvery on Twitter & also on Friendfeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicola,
    I am on the Diigo group but have been a bit guilty of lurking. I book mark on Delicious with the cck09 tag as well. I keep getting hung up on bits I want to think more about before commenting. Less thinking more acting... or maybe I should say more active thinking.
    Melty brain syndrome is definitely a by product of this course :)

    ReplyDelete